(policies, appointments, pricing, artwork, and care)
- You MUST be 18 years of age to receive a tattoo, regardless of parental consent.
- Valid Photo ID* showing you are 18 years of age or older is required.
- Please eat a meal before your appointment.
*(A Valid Photo ID is a Driver’s License, Passport or State-issued Identification Card. Photocopied IDs ARE NOT acceptable.)
How to Book Appointments
For the quickest response please email us directly at PAINANDWONDER@GMAIL.COM
with ALL the information below.
or skip to step 2 and we can recommend the artist that will work best for your project based on your references or ideas.
Step 2: Send us a full description of what you are wanting to get and include the following:
-Where you want it on your body
-Roughly how big (in inches. length and width)
– Include any photo references you would like the artist to have.
-Full color? Black and grey? Black only?
-Do you have a particular budget you are trying to stay within?
–IF THIS IS A COVER-UP. Please include a clear photo of your current tattoo. The photo needs to be easily identifiable to what area on the body it is. Extreme close-ups on the tattoo are not necessary unless we ask.
Deposit and Cancelation Policy
Advanced appointments require a minimum $100 (non refundable) deposit that is applied towards the tattoo. To reschedule an appointment we require at least a 24 hour notice. We will allow for 3 total reschedules. After 3, a new deposit will be required to schedule again. After a cancellation a we will hold the deposit for 3 months from the date of the cancellation. After that time, a new deposit will be required to make a new appointment. If no cancellations were ever made, a deposit will be held for 1 year.
No call, no show for an appointment, over 30 minutes late with no advanced call in, or arriving with any level of intoxication will result in loss of deposit.
Pricing and Artwork
The minimum price for a tattoo is $100. Small to medium sized tattoos are priced by the piece. For the larger pieces it will be hourly at $150 an hour. Some of the preliminary work related to a tattoo is still done in person- but most is now done via email.
- No Alcohol – Do not drink or “party” heavily the night before or at all on the day you get tattooed or pierced.
- Good Mentality – Make sure you are in good physical (well rested) and emotional health when you come in. Stay relaxed and get into the zone – that’ll help make the experience a good one!
- Food is Good – Be sure to eat a good meal before you come in. Feel free to bring in water and some snacks, you may need them, especially for a long tattoo sitting.
- Bring your ID – Make sure you bring the required ID! Trying to track it down is a real hassle once you have arrived and are ready to get tattooed or pierced.
- What to Wear – A mask! Also, consider the location of your new tattoo or piercing and dress accordingly.
The life of your tattoo is dependent upon the care it receives within the first few days. It takes about two weeks to heal and two more weeks to settle in.
- Keep your tattoo bandaged from 2 to 10 hours
- Remove bandage
- Gently wash tattoo with cool soapy water
- Rinse thoroughly
- Lightly pat dry with a clean towel
- With clean hands, apply a thin layer of ointment such as A&D or Bacitracin 2 or 3 times a day for 4 or 5 days
- After the 5th day, apply a thin layer of fragrance free lotion such as Lubriderm, Jergens or Eucerin 5 or 6 times a day for the entire healing process, 22 or 23 days
If a rash occurs (bumps on or around the tattoo as with an allergic reaction) or redness persists, discontinue use and call us for suggestions or product alternatives.
When caring for your tattoo avoid the following:
- DO NOT Re-bandage your tattoo
- DO NOT use Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly
- DO NOT use Alcohol or Peroxide
- DO NOT Pick or Scratch your tattoo
- DO NOT soak your tattoo in the tub or shower – get in, get clean, get out!
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight and/or tanning beds
- STAY OUT of pools, hot tubs, oceans, etc. for two weeks